Monday, May 19, 2008

A Big Day


Yesterday was an eventful day for Travis. We went to church in the morning and during Sacrament Meeting he was called up and got to recite the 13th Article of Faith and officially graduated from Primary. He was so ready to move on to Young Mens. Then he was sustained to receive the Aaronic Priesthood as a Deacon. After church he was ordained by his dad. He was so excited to receive the priesthood on his birthday. What a great present. That night he then got to attend his first Stake Fireside. What a great day! He is so excited to be 12!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Ingrid said...

I seriously cannot believe Travis is turning 12. Where did the time go? He looks great in the suit. Glad he had a great day.

JanEtta said...

Happy birthday! I tried several times last night to get thru on the phone, with no luck and to hear you weren't even home, I won't feel so bad we couldn't sing to you over the phone.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sylvia! I FINALLY got a moment to look at your blog...you've been on my mind alot lately. ~smile~ I can't believe Travis is so big and handsome. What a great day! AND...I love your haircut. I cut mine as well, and dyed it RED!! ~smile~ As it fades it kinda goes strawberry blond. Pretty funny. Love ya bunches. Kristen Hudson

Stephanie said...

Congrats on receiving the priesthood .. and ON your birthday, too! N had to wait 2 weeks due to General Conference. We hope you had a great birthday, Travis. You look great in your suit.

Jori said...

Wow! Travis has grown a lot since I saw him last. Time does go fast!

Carrie said...

Congratulations Travis! We sure going to miss you in primary.