Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I've been tagged!!

I was tagged by my sister-in-law, Stephanie, with a list of questions. Hopefully I do this right. This is all new to me. Well, here goes!!

What was I doing 10 years ago? We had just lived in Las Vegas for about 6 months. I was still getting familiar with things here. I was working at a day care center, Bright Start. I needed to go back to work, but we didn’t want to leave A & T anywhere. After figuring out the amount of money I could make, and then pay day care, it was about the same for me to work at the day care center down the street. I would get a salary, insurance, free day care and could still be in the same building as the kids. It was the best situation for us at that time.

5 things on my to-do list today? I desperately need to mop my kitchen floor. I have put it off for the last week. I need to pay bills. Always an eye opening activity. I need find a baby picture of A for New Beginnings. Not an easy task with a lot of our stuff in storage or in boxes. I need to pick up the house, especially the kids rooms. It’s hard keeping it looking clean all the time in case a realtor comes by. Twice in the last two weeks the realtor has come by without the ½ hour warning. Needless to say, the house was a little cluttered. Oh well, I guess that should teach me to keep it cleaner. Then the “Mom Taxi” service starts. C has Activity Days, T has Scouts and A has YW. Wednesday’s are our busy night.

What snacks do I enjoy? I also love snacking at little too much. I love a handful of mixed nuts. But if we don’t have those around, which don’t seem to last to long around here, I love fruit. Any kind, apples, oranges, grapes, bananas, you name it. I guess growing up with all our fruit trees in the back yard made it easy to just pick a snack while we were playing. I miss being able to eat fresh fruit off a tree in the yard.

What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire? We would move to a bigger house with a bigger yard. We would pay off any debt we had. We would give each of our siblings a million dollars. And hopefully do A LOT of traveling.

3 bad habits? I waste a lot of time playing on the computer. I guess at times I just like to do mindless things. I have to tell myself on busy days to not even turn on the computer. I enjoy eating a snack in the evening after the kids are in bed. Some how things taste better when you don’t have kids running around. I can actually sit and enjoy it. And since I enjoy my evening snack I should be exercising more. I have a hard time exercising because it wipes me out for the rest of the day, but maybe if I did it more often I would be better off in the long run.

5 places I've lived? I lived in 5 places before I was 5, but since I don’t really remember those places, the last 5 places I have lived are Concord, CA ; Sacramento, CA; Pleasant Hill, CA ; Las Vegas, NV; North Las Vegas, NV

5 jobs I've had? I worked in the special collections department at GMAC. I now know I never want to work in collections again. But it was fun and interesting. I started as a secretary at CalFarm Insurance and after a couple of years was promoted to a Claims Adjuster. I then worked in the Accounting Department at Kemper Real Estate. I had never done much accounting, but if/when I go back to school it would probably be to get an Accounting Degree. Then I worked for a short time at Bright Start, a day care center. I worked in a room with another lady, and we watched 8 babies, ranging from 6 weeks to 1 year old. It was a lot of fun most of the time. The kids were great, sometimes the parents drove us nuts. Great experience though.

5 things people don’t know about me? This is a hard one. I also love to take an afternoon nap when I can. I have had to adjust that now that J does not like to nap though. I do not like to wear perfume. I like the smell of it in small doses but I get headaches when I wear it or when someone at church is wearing a lot and sits right in front of me. I love to read a good book. I just wish I could sit down and read until it is done without feeling quilting about what is not getting done. I love looking on ebay. It gets very addicting for me though. I have to know what I am looking for and stay focused. I t goes along with my bad habit, of being on the computer to much. I love going out to eat! This is my favorite date, because I don’t have to cook. I love eating out!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for playing along. I enjoyed reading your responses. I, too, can spend too much time on the computer at the expense of chores getting done etc. Again, I'm glad you're doing a blog. It's great to see what's going on in your neck of the woods!