Saturday, February 16, 2008

Oh What a Beautiful Morning!

Randy getting ready to start his run
Randy just past the half way point
Randy finishing up his run
HE MADE IT!! YEAH!!!

This morning at 6:00a.m. Randy and I drove up to Red Rock Canyon. It is so pretty up there, especially as the sun is coming up. Randy is training for the Salt Lake Marathon in April. They have a 13 mile scenic drive that when Randy was training for the bike trip they would ride. Well, he decided it would be grea training for the marathon too. He was amazing! I dropped him off at the finish point so he could run 2 miles into the park and then the 13 miles. I met him at mile 4, 7 and 10 to give him a quick drink. He started running at 6:50 and finished a little before 9:00. He did so good - I was very impressed!! There were a lot of hills to go up and down, but he made it in good time. After he finished running he was talking to a lady that ran right behind him. She let him know that there is going to be a half marathon/marathon in two weeks up there, doing the same loop. We'll see if he is up to it again that quickly. Anyway Randy, I think you are amazing! I couldn't even dream of running 15 miles. Good luck in your training!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What beautiful scenery. We really enjoyed hiking around Red Rock Canyon. Good luck, Randy, on the marathon!

Laundry said...

HOLY CRAP!!! wish i could do that... actually i wish i could just finish the mile run the high school is running everyday in gym.. but still that's so cool.

JanEtta said...

Great running Randy! Keep it up. We hope to see you on the path in SLC!

Nadine said...

Great Job Randy! I miss running. I never did as much as you, I think my longest run was 10 miles--my daily runs were typically 3 and if the I was in the mood, up to 6. I don't think there is anything like the feeling when you are in the zone, the breathing , the running all in rythm and it is great! Good luck in the marathon. We'd love to have you visit in April.