Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Better late than never

O.K. I know that school has been in for a whole week now and I haven't posted our First Day of School pictures yet. You would think now that ALL the kids are gone in the morning I would get more done. WRONG!! Hopefully as time goes on, I will be more productive. The first reason why I haven't posted these yet is because I forgot to take pictures of Ashley and Travis before they left. Luckily I remembered before I took Courtney and Jared. All the kids were very excited for school the first day. They were all up early and dressed with lunches made before 7:00am. It's great to have them so excited - I hope it continues.

Jared was soo excited to start kindgarten this year. It is hard to believe our baby is off to school. He is so ready for everything school will offer him. I will miss him at home but I'm glad we have a few hours in the afternoon before the other kids get home. He made me promise I wouldn't do any of the cleaning while he was gone, because he didn't want to miss out on the fun. Last Wednesday after school, I thought I would lay down and rest for a little while when I kept hearing chairs being pushed around the kitchen. I asked him what he was doing and not to get into anything. Then the more I listened I realized he was moving the table and chairs so he could sweep and mop the floor. He is such a hard, good worker. I love him so much!

Courtney started 4th grade this year. She is always very excited for school to start but she doesn't do well with new situations. About a week before school started she starts realizing she will have a new teacher and new kids in her class. She did really well this year - she did not get sent home for getting sick a school. Last year she missed about a week and a half in the first two weeks of school. She seems to love her teacher and so far things are going great. Keep it up!

Travis is in 7th grade this year. His elective is Band. He is enjoying learning to play the trumpet. So far he seems to like all of his teachers. Ashley is in 8th grade. She has four of the same teachers from last year, so just two new ones. She was very excited to get back to school. She LOVES school!! Keep up the great work!

5 comments:

Laura Z said...

Hurray for the 1st day of school! I'm glad all the kids are liking it and doing well.
For us, I think the "ready by 7 a.m. excitement" wore off today - Caroline didn't get out of BED until 7:30!

Laundry said...

I like school too. I just don't like the 10-20 hours worth in homework that I have every time I leave the campus.

good luck getting that blog list fixed!

Stephanie said...

Can't believe that Jared is old enough to start kindergarten! Come Feb., I go register T for Kindergarten. Time flies!

N was accidentally put in Concert Band. We got that changed right away -- it was no big deal.

Send Jared over to my house to clean! I'd love that. What a good kid.

David Fife said...

How fun!! Your kids are so cute! Good Luck with school, and sorry you are loosing your little helper for half the day :)

Cassie

Ingrid said...

Can Jared come and live at my house for a few days? He is so cute, and sweet on top of that. I am so glad that everyone is enjoying school. I can't believe that they are all there. Congratulations.