Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Girl's Camp

Ashley has been counting down the days since school was out to go up to Girls Camp. To say she is excited would be an understatement. We needed to have her up at the church at 6:00am and when I got up at 5:40 she had already eaten breakfast, was dressed, and had everything she needed in her hands, ready to go. I hope she has fun again this year. Last year, when she got home, she cried for a couple of days, wanting to go back to camp. She missed all her new friends. This year as soon as she gets home, we will get her unpacked and cleaned up and then we will be leaving for Seattle, WA. Hopefully going from one activity to the next will soften the blow of coming home. Thanks to all the leaders that are helping out at camp and those that are shuttling them back and forth. You guys are GREAT!!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I LOVED girls camp! I don't blame A for getting upset when it ends. I hope she has a fantastic time again this year.

Wow, Seattle? That's a long drive! We were planning on going up there, too, this summer, but with the soaring gas prices, we ammended our trip and won't be going that far north. Maybe another time.

JanEtta said...

Hope you had a great time at girl's camp. And I hope you have a great time in Seattle. I'm glad you finally broke down and replaced your camera. I love seeing all the pictures and hearing what the kids are doing.

Melissa said...

Hi Sylvia!
I don't blame Ashley...I loved girls camp too. It is such a great experience. There is so much bonding between the girls and also with the leaders.
Have fun in Seattle!

David Fife said...

I always loved girls camp, and have had the opportunity to to go the last 2 years, though this year it was only for a day. It is such a great experience. Hope she has fun!

Cassie

Kari said...

I texted Lacey yesterday and asked her if she was sad that they were going to Girls Camp and she wasn't, she said that she was and she had a wonderful expierence here last year. I loved girls camp, I went for ten years as a youth and a leader. I hope Ashley has a great time at camp and I hope you have fun in Seattle. That sounds like so much fun and nice cool weather.

Laundry said...

I REMEMBER CAMP!! As Tiana always says "What happens at girls camp...stays at girls camp..." hahahaha. SO OH TOTALLY TRUE!!!~ haha.
A, I hope you have a blast, and that everything is oh so totally wonderful.
luv you muches!

JenWood said...

Ahh girls camp.. I remember those days. What a wonderful experience for girls to get together and share their testimonies and bond together as young women in the church. I hope Ashley has a wonderful time. I cant believe how big your kids are getting. I heard you bought some land in our ward boundries, so exciting!