Monday, July 28, 2008

Pioneer Days

We had a GREAT time at Pioneer Days this past weekend. The kids really look forward to this every year. Friday night was a little too warm for me, but once the sun went down it was o.k. I was dreading Saturday though. Then Saturday ended up being a perfect day. It was cloudy the whole time we were there which made it quite pleasant. Here are a few pictures of some of the things the kids got to do.
Courtney hitting the cans down
Travis popping balloons with darts - He popped 2 out of 3. Good job!
Jared doing the ring toss
Ashley after getting her face painted
Waiting for the fireworks to start
The fireworks were a lot of fun. Courtney even stayed and watched them. She had to sit on my lap, with my hands covering her ears the whole time, but she did the best she ever has. Maybe by next year she will actually enjoy them.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I wish our ward or stake did something like this. I suppose that with our modified year-round school schedule, our summer packed and a lot of people are gone in July. Looks like a lot of fun and I'm glad it wasn't too hot!

Laundry said...

WOW!!!!!!!! I don't even know if UTAH even has that much fun on Pioneer day.. If they do.. I don't know about it..

Nadine said...

How fun. We went to Lagoon and saw fireworks there---(CD says to tell you that I went on "Wicked") We pretty much were only there for the fireworks and we got in 3 rides. But at least it was a little celebration!

Jori said...

We have never been to Pioneer days. I bet Kaitlin would love it.