Saturday, November 1, 2008

Flat Daisy at Red Rock

We were honored to have a visit from the female version of Flat Stanley, Flat Daisy. She is visiting from Tuscon, Arizona. She just came from Salt Lake City, Utah. If you aren't familar with Flat Stanley, it is a book written by Jeff Brown. Stanley was flattened one night when a bulletin board fell on him. He was only 1/2 inch thick. He wanted to go visit some friends in another state so his parents mailed him.We received Flat Daisy and decided it would be nice to let her know that there is more in Las Vegas than the strip so we took her us to Red Rock. It was a beautiful day up there and the kids all had fun hiking and showing her the natural beauty of Nevada. We hope Flat Daisy enjoyed her time here. We will now send her on to some other exciting adventure.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've never heard of Flat Daisy, but I love it! We sure enjoyed Red Rock Canyon. It's so beautiful. I bet people don't think of Red Rock Canyon when they think of Vegas, but they should!

Ingrid said...

I love Flat Stanley or Flat Daisy. I used to do that with my first grade classes. It sounds like you treated Daisy well. Red Rock is a great place to visit.

Laundry said...

Flat who????

tiffunny said...

I'm always the one "sending" Flat Stanley to other people. So far I've never had to be the recipient (keep my fingers crossed). I'm glad you showed Flat Daisy a good time though - but i still can't get over how grown up (and tall) your oldest 2 kids are!!