Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow in Vegas?

Yesterday was a historic day. It actually snowed in Las Vegas. At our house it snowed but as soon as it hit the ground it melted. But Randy called and said that at his office they had a couple of inches. After I picked Ashley & Travis up from school, we drove over to his office for a few minutes. Here is a couple of pictures from there. Travis & Jared throwing snowballs
Ashley, Travis and Jared outside dad's office

I called my friend who picks Courtney up to let her know I was already out and I would pick up the kids, but she said she would pick them up and meet us at Angel Park so they could all play for a little while. Here is Courtney watching Alexis and Emily making snow angels.

Jared and Travis with the snowman they made

I also had to take a picture of the palm trees with snow on them. It just seemed so odd.

7 comments:

Laundry said...

WOW!!!! THAT'S LIKE AMAZING!!!

Carrie said...

My kids were so excited just to see it actually falling, but I know they'd be dissapointed if they saw what you guys got to do!!!
Looks like fun - and even enough for snowmen and angels.

Nadine said...

That is fun! We have about that much in our yard---but it is expected for us! I bet the kids were excited about playing in the snow. That was great you took advantage of the chance to do so!

Kim H said...

We used to live in apartments not to far from Angel Park. We drove to Red Rock to see the snow on the ground. It was neat to see.

Stephanie said...

glad that the kids could really enjoy playing in the snow. My boys were disappointed at not seeing snow when we were in Utah. Love the picture of the palm trees with the snow -- it IS kinda odd ...

tiffunny said...

Glad they got to play in it. I bet some stuck for you yesterday though right? My kids have had a blast this week with the snow too.

Anonymous said...

wow mom you tock that picture because you like it and it is ture
ilove sonw but i don't like palying
in it bye