Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Marathon Man

Saturday morning Randy ran the Salt Lake Marathon. We drove up on Friday and stayed at his sisters house. His niece ran in the 5K, so his sister, brother-in-law and other niece took them down to the race. My sister came down and drove with me and the kids to go and watch Randy finish the race. It was fun to watch all the runners but it was very windy. This is most of us sitting at the finish line.
Here is Randy finishing the marathon. He looked great! Right when he came into view, this lady came and stood right in front of me, so this is the best picture I got. Randy's finishing time was 4 hours and 23 minutes. He was 616th out of 1243.

Here is Randy and his niece after the race was over. They both had an enjoyable time. They were both glad that they ran and I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again. GREAT JOB!!!



2 comments:

JanEtta said...

Congrats on finishing in the middle of the pack! I am awed by your endurance and persistance.

Nadine said...

Again, Congratulations! That is an awesome accomplishment!